Well anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to my Facebook page or Twitter updates saw that I was doing my best to keep the world up to date on all that happened in Atlanta over the weekend. I would rather not go back through all my updates and blog on the same things so instead I offer a few highlights from the weekend.
Highlights from DragonCon 2009
1. I got to fly first class – one of the few good things to come out of my time at Healey was my travel status. I can fly almost anywhere now and get upgraded to First, which normally I don’t really care about. However when flying from one coast to the other…It makes a huge difference.
2. I hate and am jealous of PAX at the same time! – PAX was another Geek convention taking place over the same time as DragonCon. I have reviewed some of the activities offered at PAX and must confess I am jealous. However PAX also stole a great deal of celebrities away from Dragon*Con. This year I saw less celebrities than ever before.
3. While I saw less celebrities than ever before I still got a healthy does. – Some of you will remember that we ate dinner next to Charisma Carpenter, Lou Ferrigno, Spike and Darla from Buffy and a few other that I forget. We almost knocked over Charisma on one occasion, and when we found ourselves in the Hall of Heros decided to go back three times for three separate autographs by her. Lou Ferrigno was in the parade, and the guy who plays clark kent’s father was as well.
4. I did not go to a single panel this year. – But I did get to watch Patrick Stewart’s, Leonard Nimoy, and Captain Kirk’s panel on Dragoncon TV.
5. I got to go to the CruxShadows concert and found myself only a few rows from stage. – Best concert I have ever been to. If you are not familiar with them you should become familiar with them.
6. Brought new friends to DragonCon and now they are hooked.
Overall it was a good weekend, and I am looking fwd to next year!